Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Multiple inboxes in Gmail

Since a few weeks I'm using multiple inboxes on my Gmail-account. And yesterday I found a new option in the settings to rename the name of a certain inbox.

In the past you could only see the search for a certain message. Normally you see something like this:

from:mybestfriend.net

This search would show all the messages that where send from the domain mybestfriend.net. But because now you can change this you could set this to something like this:
Mail from my best friend

In my case I only use it to display messages that are sent to a certain e-mail address. I have several e-mail addresses that are forwarded to my Gmail address and by doing this I can see important mails (like from work) faster. I don't need to check the long list any more. I really like this new feature.

No comments: